BSOD - BlueScreenView PNG Attached
BSOD today...please see below from BlueScreenView.
Can someone much smarter than I please interpret and offer sage advice? Thanks in advance!
Anwsers to the Problem BSOD - BlueScreenView PNG Attached
You did just fine, thanks!
The attached DMP file is of the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24) bug check.
This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.
One possible cause of this bug check is disk corruption.
Corruption in the NTFS file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can induce this error.
Corrupted SCSI and IDE drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to
disk, thus causing the error.
Another possible cause is depletion of nonpaged pool memory.
If the nonpaged pool memory is completely depleted, this error can stop the system.
However, during the indexing process, if the amount of available nonpaged pool memory is very low, another kernel-mode
driver requiring nonpaged pool memory can also trigger this error.
BugCheck 24, 1904fb, fffff8800c3e4088, fffff8800c3e38e0, fffff800030dba16
If we run an .exr on the 2nd parameter of the bug check, we get the following:
0: kd> .exr 0xfffff8800c3e4088
ExceptionAddress: fffff800030dba16 (nt!IoGetRelatedDeviceObject+0x0000000000000056)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
From this we can see that an access violation occurred based off of the IoGetRelatedDeviceObject
This routine returns a pointer to the corresponding device object.
When called on a file object that represents the underlying storage device,
IoGetRelatedDeviceObject returns the highest-level device object in the storage device stack.
To obtain the highest-level device object in the file system driver stack, drivers must call
IoGetRelatedDeviceObject on a file object that represents the file system's driver stack, and the file system must currently be mounted.
(Otherwise, the storage device stack is traversed instead of the file system stack.)
The caller must be running at IRQL <= DISPATCH_LEVEL, it's an absolute requirement.
Usually, callers of this routine are running at IRQL = PASSIVE_LEVEL.
If we run an !irql, we can see the processor at the time of the crash:
0: kd> !irql
Debugger saved IRQL for processor 0x0 -- 0 (LOW_LEVEL)
0 = PASSIVE_LEVEL.
Remove and replace Norton with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes:
Norton removal -
MarvinBus64.sys - Fri Sep 23 17:17:03 2005
^^ Pinnacle Marvin Bus, extremely old device drivers (2005).
Likely not compatible with Windows 7.
I'd remove ASAP for troubleshooting purposes.
If you're still crashing after the above, enable Driver Verifier to be sure this isn't being caused by a driver causing memory corruption:
What is Driver Verifier?
Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues.
components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.
Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.
Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:
Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 -
How to enable Driver Verifier:
Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -
Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
Select - "Select driver names from a list"
Click on the "Provider" tab.
This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
Check EVERY box that is [B]NOT[/B] provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
Click on Finish.
Important information regarding Driver Verifier:
- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.
- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause /
force a BSOD.
If this happens, do not panic, do the following:
- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.
- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.
- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.
If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:
- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.
- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.
- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?
It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations.
Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours.
If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.
My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?
They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump
Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: BSOD - BlueScreenView PNG Attached:
How to Fix BSOD - BlueScreenView PNG Attached with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.184.108.40.206 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: bookmarks tool bar disappeared [Solved],How Can I Fix - Built-in cell styles on the Home tab in Excel?,browser no longer correctly renders a valid web page,How to Resolve - Bold Heading but not bold tab stops and page numbers?,Bootup Very Slow on windows 7 computer. [Solved],All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work