Backup to WD USB external drive failed.
Original title: back up to WD esternal my book 3 usb drive
Every time I try to back up files etc to my external WD drive I may work once in awhile.
I have to do a chkdsk/r to make it work so I'm not able to schedule back up.It started after I converted from a raid 1 to a non-raid through microsoft tech.
control and did everything.
Contacted WD tech support and they said something did not go correctly as my ext drive doesn't have any control over what I'm running ( also did a complete format of WD to factory setting.I'm running windows 7 pro on a dell 9000.
Can anyone give me some answers as to the problem and a fix.
I have tried to find some diagnostic programs online but no luck for my problem.
Is the only recourse to order a full win 7 pro disk and reinsall win 7 pro.
Thank you Jim
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Keys to the Problem Backup to WD USB external drive failed.
1) What is the exact/complete error message you get when you try to backup the files?
2) Are you using Windows backup utility to backup?
3) Do you get an error: ‘0x81000019’, ‘insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data’?
4) I noticed you have another thread with has similar issue, is the issue related?
If you get the error message ‘0x81000019’ then follow the steps suggested by “Sneha [MSFT] Microsoft” posted on “Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:31 AM” from the following link to fix this issue.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Backup to WD USB external drive failed. has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Backup to WD USB external drive failed.:
How to Fix Backup to WD USB external drive failed. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: autosum only gives positive numbers, i want to subtract and see negative numbers too,[Solved] Are there any general tips to maintain my laptop's performance?,[Solution] are there reminders on nitebook,Average between Three Cells with exceptions [Solved],Avery Template Printing Help! [Solved],application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?