Back Button Stop Working? Looking for Feedback After Possible Workaround
There has been a lot of activity on several threads related to the Internet Explorer "Back" button stopping working. Specifically, clicking the "Back" (left arrow) button gives visual feedback as though it is operating, but the browser pane contents do
I am trying to determine if disabling "tabbed view" mode works around this problem.
If you can reproduce this problem (which I cannot), to try switching off tabbed browsing (i.e., after this every IE browser session will open in a separate window) to see if it alleviates the problem:
1. Open Internet Explorer 8.
2. Click Tools - Options, then the General tab.
3. Find the Tabs, Change how webpages are displayed in tabs section and click the
[ Settings ] button next to it.
4. Uncheck [ ] Enable Tabbed Browsing (requires restarting Internet Explorer).
5. Close all instances of Internet Explorer (it might be best to log off and back on again or at least check Task Manager for iexplore.exe processes to be sure they're all closed).
I realize this eliminates the possibility of using tabbed browsing, and using multiple windows may not be the way you like to use Internet Explorer, but if it does work around the problem with the navigation controls becoming non-functional then you at least
have a workaround, and a determination that the problem is tied to tabbed view could help Microsoft zero in on a proper fix.
If disabling tabs DOES or DOES NOT work around the problem for you, please let us know here.
Anwsers to the Problem Back Button Stop Working? Looking for Feedback After Possible Workaround
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Back Button Stop Working? Looking for Feedback After Possible Workaround:
How to Fix Back Button Stop Working? Looking for Feedback After Possible Workaround with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Automatic Logon to Windows SharePoint Server Tech Support,Troubleshoot:attempting to attach a photo file to an e mail receiving a message \" internet explorer has stopped working \" ??Network Programs Network Networking Internet Website Web Site URL Web Site,backup and restore- clicking on \"change settings\" and \"manage space\", no response [Anwsered],How to Fix - babylon internet explorer 9?,[Solution] Audio files not working properly on Windows DVD Maker,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?