Can't get game folder to stop showing when computer is first turned on
When I turn on my computer, iWinGames folder always opens first.
I want to keep a shortcut on my desktop but I want the screen to go directly to the desktop when I turn it on and not have iWinGames folder load and then have to close it.
really time consuming. HELP
Keys to the Problem Can't get game folder to stop showing when computer is first turned on
Follow these steps to prevent a program from running at startup:
a. Click “Start” type “msconfig” in the Start search box and hit “Enter”.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click “Continue”.
b. Click the “Startup” tab.
c. Uncheck the program
(iWinGames) you wish to disable from running at startup in the Startup Item list.
d. Click “OK’.
e. Restart the computer.
NoteDo not disable any of the Microsoft services or other startup programs which may cause startup problem .
Exercise utmost caution.
This would disable the selected program to run at startup.
For reference, see How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
You may want to get in touch with the program manufacturer for further assistance.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Can't get game folder to stop showing when computer is first turned on:
How to Fix Can't get game folder to stop showing when computer is first turned on with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Satellite A205-S5833 Supervisor Password Utility v.22.214.171.124C r2 driver,How to Download Toshiba Satellite C675-S7104 Laptop Checkup v.126.96.36.199 driver,How Can I Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 Face Recognition v.3.1.3 driver,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L845D-SP4328KL Atheros LAN Driver v.188.8.131.52,How to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite R930 Network Device ID Registry Setting Tool v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.220.127.116.1186,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.18.104.22.1680,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.22.214.171.1249,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.126.96.36.1995,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: [Solved] Can't access websites through internet explorer or aol. internet explorer page shows red x beside address box. computer says it has full access to internet.,[Solution] Can I share my entire C:\/ on Windows 7 with other computers on my network? If so, how do I do this?,[Solved] Can't find downloaded program,Can't find any working function for a lookup value. HELP!,Fast Solution to Problem: Can Word 2010 be retrofitted with Word 2013's collapsible paragraph styles?,Can I safely remove earlier versions on my pc,Can I rotate a graph so it shows on my page sideways?,Can I safely ignore Office file validation alert message?,Can I send a JPEG file in a PDF form ?,can I review when my computer has been accessed from outside my home?